- 1). Group strings together and align them at the ends. Fold the strings at their middle, bringing all the ends together. Take the fold in your hand and tie a knot. Leave a 1/2-inch loop at the top above the knot.
- 2). Arrange strings so the colors on either side mirror one another. The outermost colors should match, the second strings in from either side should match and so on. Number the strings 1 through 8 from left to right.
- 3). Isolate string 1. Use it to tie double knots onto strings 2, 3 and 4, creating a diagonal row of knots. Take string 8 and reverse this action; tie it onto strings 7, 6 and 5 using backward double knots. When strings 1 and 8 meet in the middle, double-knot string 1 onto string 8 to complete a single chevron. Number the strings again in their new locations.
- 4). Repeat to make a second chevron. Number the strings again when finished.
- 5). Gather strings 2, 3 and 4. Isolate string 1, and double-knot it over the group of strings 2, 3 and 4. Repeat nine more times to create a total of 10 knots, a miniature spiraling Chinese staircase. Leave string 1 to the right of string 4 when you finish the knots.
- 6). Reverse these steps on the opposite side of the bracelet. Gather strings 5, 6 and 7, and knot string 8 backward onto them 10 times; always use double knots. String 8 will rest to the left of string 5 when the miniature staircase is complete. Number the strings again in their new locations. (see Reference 1, pg. 35-39)
- 7). Repeat all steps until the bracelet is the desired length. Tie the extra string in a collective knot at the bottom of the bracelet. Trim the excess string below the knot, leaving a 1 1/2-inch tail.
- 8). Divide tail strings into two halves. Thread half of the strings through the beginning loop and tie to the other half of the tail using a double knot. (see Reference 1, pg. 5)
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Hire the Reliable Builders and Installers to Have Beautiful Home Improvements
- How to Choose the Right Curtains For Your Home
- Room Decor of Different Time Periods
- How to Decorate Mahogany Floors
- Nursery Furniture Ideas
- Types of Wall Covering
- How to Paint Your House & Make Every Room Look Great
- Choosing Window Blinds Sydney
- How to Create a Decorative Mirror with Tile
- Ladybug Wall Decorations
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us