Ethernet (RJ-45) cables, plugged into a hub
Determine if your printer is a network compatible model. Printers with an Ethernet (RJ-45) port or a wireless connector are network ready. If that is the case, then either connect an Ethernet cable to the printer, or configure the wireless setting to be able to be read on the network.
If the printer is not network ready, then connect the printer to one of the computers or servers on the network. Use a USB or parallel cable, depending on what type of printer you have.
- 2). Turn on the host computer, which is the PC that the printer is attached to. Install the software for the printer on that computer. If you have the CD, use it. Otherwise, download the drivers from the manufacturer's website. Reboot the computer after the software is installed.
- 3). Enable printer sharing on the host computer. If you're a Windows user, open the "Control Panel," then "Printers and Other Hardware," and then "Printers and Faxes." Right-click on "Properties" and check the "Sharing" button.
Mac users can open "System Preferences," select "Sharing," and click on "Printer Sharing." You can disable printer sharing by following these steps, but clicking off sharing in both instances.
Install the drivers from the CD, if possible.
Install the drivers for the printer on every computer on the network that you want to print from. You can either use the original CD or download the drivers from the printer manufacturer's website.
The print window
Check each of the computers on the network to ensure they can see the printer. For Windows users, open the "Control Panel" and select "Printers." Mac users can see the printer by opening "System Preferences" and selecting "Print & Fax."
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Make Diet Easy
- Magnetic Acupuncture And Weight Loss
- Bad moods short temper stress anxious get over your mood swings be nice be happy
- When Can I Expect to Lose Weight by Working Out?
- The Stress Cure - Is Stress Zapping Your Memory?
- Great Leaders Don"t Need To Enjoy Training, Just To Benefit From It
- How To Overcome All Blocks To Personal and Spiritual Achievement
- Inside The Head of a Successful Dieter
- The Epidemic Of Adult Obesity
- Getting Past The Average Line, One Way Or Another
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us