- 1). Download and install Flip from the Atmel developer's website. Open Flip on the computer.
- 2). Insert the USB development board into your computer's USB port while holding the "Reset" button on the board.
- 3). Press the "Bootloader" button on the USB development board and release both buttons. You are asked which driver the USB development board is going to use.
- 4). Select the "Atmel" directory that was created when Flip was installed. It is on the "C" drive of the computer. The USB development board is ready to be programmed.
- 5). Open Flip and click the icon that looks like a microchip. Click the "USB PCB Controller" from the list of USB development boards installed on the computer.
- 6). Click the icon that looks like a USB cord. Click "USB" and "Open."
- 7). Click "File" on the Flip program menu and click the "Load HEX File" option. Select the PS3 HEX file that was downloaded. Make sure that "Erase," "Check," "Program" and "Verify" are all checked on the window that comes up. Uncheck all the other options.
- 8). Click "Start Application" to safely disconnect the USB development board and pull it out of the USB port.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time