Prepare the Floppy Disk
- 1). Sign on to a separate computer. Open a Web browser and navigate to your computer or motherboard manufacturer's official website. Enter your product information and go to the download page.
- 2). Select "Windows XP" as your operating system and choose "Drivers" as the category. Locate the SATA driver or drivers and download the package to your computer.
- 3). Double-click the software to extract the contents of the .exe to your hard drive. Do not install the drivers if prompted. Exit from the installation.
- 4). Click "Start." Click "Search." Click "All files and folders." Type "*.inf" into the first field. Expand "Look in" to include all of "C:."
- 5). Expand "More advanced options." Check "Search system folders," "Search hidden files and folders" and "Search subfolders." Click "Search."
- 6). Locate the extracted files in the results. The file or files are likely stored in the "Temp" or "AppData" folders.
- 7). Insert a floppy disk into the floppy disk drive. Drag-and-drop the SATA drivers to the floppy disk.
Install Windows XP with SATA Drivers
- 1). Power on the computer. Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive. Press any key to boot from the disc drive when prompted.
- 2). Press "F6" and insert your floppy disk into the floppy disk drive. Press "S" to continue. Press "Enter."
- 3). Use the directional pad to select the correct RAID controller from the options. Press "Enter" to load the drivers. Follow the remaining onscreen directions to install Windows XP to your computer.