- 1). Understand how a grocery store works. Recognize where products are placed to try to get you to make an impulse buy. See all of those items placed at the register? Those are impulse buy items. Even the individual products are placed strategically on the shelves. Those at eye level are usually more expensive. Look up and down to find the good deals.
- 2). Keep a grocery list. This will help you once you get to the grocery store. Buy only what you need. Make a rule of not buying anything that is not on the list. Keep a list on your refrigerator, or in a convenient location in your kitchen. Allow anyone in your family to write down what you need as you run out of it. When you are ready, organize your list into the different sections of the grocery store.
- 3). Buy store brands when you can. These often have the same ingredients as brand-name food products, but they can save you a lot of money in the long run. Nearly all grocery stores have their own generic brand.
- 4). Use coupons with food that you always buy. Coupons can help you save money, but their purpose is actually to get you to spend your money on something new. Don't use a coupon unless it is for something that you are going to buy anyway.
- 5). Go through the store's discount bins. These bins will have all of the store's products that are not going to be sold anymore. There usually is not anything wrong with them. The store just sells them for less because they want to get rid of them.
- 6). Avoid convenience foods like pre-washed vegetables. These might save you a few minutes at home, but it is going to cost you more.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Non-profit raising event are volunteers
- SEO Services - Door Of Success
- The Way Satellite Internet Delivers a Different System
- How to Create Themes for Outlook 2007
- How to Check an SSL Encryption
- What is a Channel Manager and Should You Get One?
- Get Effective Web Design Services in Milwaukee WI
- Do you know how to work with hidden Wi-Fi networks in Windows?
- Financial Studies Delhi. Unemployed Student Loan Offers A Big Financial Help For Higher Studies
- Is There Any Way to Find Out If Someone Is Checking Your Facebook?
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Business & Finance" Categories
Advertising & Marketing Arts & Crafts Bankruptcy Blogging Biz Business Insurance Business News Careers Corporations Credit Debt Electronic Commerce Economics Entrepreneurship Finance Home Based Business Investing & Financial Markets Loans mortgage Outsourcing Personal Finance Renting & Real Estate Shopping Small Business Social Media Stocks-Mutual-Funds Taxes Wealth Building
Stay With Us