- 1). Drill a hole for the mount. Make sure there is clearance where drilling to avoid damaging wires or other vital components. For instance, if you decide to mount the CB antenna on the trunk lid, look under it first to ensure that it is a safe place to drill. You can find out what drill bit size you need by holding it up to the threaded portion of the antenna mount. You want the drill bit to be slightly larger than the outside of the threads, so that the CB antenna will slide in freely, but not have too much space to wiggle around.
- 2). Insert the CB antenna through the hole and tighten up the nut. Once the antenna is mounted through the hole, slide a lock-washer onto the end, and then hand tighten the nut. Make sure the antenna is straight. If all looks acceptable, go ahead and tighten the nut with a wrench. The antenna is now permanently mounted on the vehicle.
- 3). Run the cable to the radio. The coaxial cable attached to the CB antenna usually is about 18 feet long so that it works best with the frequency of the radio. Route the cable safely to the radio without winding it or looping it if at all possible. This will bring the strongest signal when transmitting or receiving. If you have excess cable after the install, make large loops rather than small coils. Run the cable in places where it cannot be kinked by doors or stepped on by passengers. Once the cable is routed, it simply screws into the center jack on the back of the CB radio.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Non-profit raising event are volunteers
- SEO Services - Door Of Success
- The Way Satellite Internet Delivers a Different System
- How to Create Themes for Outlook 2007
- How to Check an SSL Encryption
- What is a Channel Manager and Should You Get One?
- Get Effective Web Design Services in Milwaukee WI
- Do you know how to work with hidden Wi-Fi networks in Windows?
- Financial Studies Delhi. Unemployed Student Loan Offers A Big Financial Help For Higher Studies
- Is There Any Way to Find Out If Someone Is Checking Your Facebook?
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us