- 1). Feel the side of the furnace if the pilot is lit but the main burners do not come on. If the side of the furnace is cool you may have a problem with your control board. The board may be malfunctioning if it does not cause the individual components of the furnace to perform as they should (See Reference 2).
- 2). Check if the inducer motor is running if your furnace has one. If it is not running, the furnace control board could be the problem. If the inducer motor is running but the pilot does not try to ignite, your control board could be malfunctioning.
- 3). Check if the igniter comes on if your furnace does not use a pilot. If it does not, the control board could be malfunctioning.
- 4). Make sure you have gas supplied to the furnace and check if the main burners light once the pilot or igniter is on. If the main burners do not light, you may have a problem with your control board.
- 5). Check if the burners turn on and stay on for more than three seconds. If they do not, the control board could be the problem.
- 6). Look for burn spots on the electric furnace control board. If any are found, replace the control board.
- 7). Replace the control board if it is not working properly. Find the proper control board replacement by using the serial number and furnace model or by finding the manufacturer's part number. You can also use a universal control that can be used with many furnaces (See Reference 1).
- 8). Make sure the power to the furnace is off, mark all the wires and write down which connections they belong to on the board. Remove the wires. Remove the plastic clips or screws that hold the old board in place and remove the old board.
- 9). Attach the new board by snapping it in with the plastic clips or by screwing it in. Reconnect carefully the wires you removed. Make sure all wires are connected and on the proper terminals. Restore power to the furnace. Verify operation by running the system through a heating cycle.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Publish a Photo Caption in HTML
- Being Realistic About Search Engine Optimization Campaigns
- How to Import Digital Content Into StoryBook Creator
- The growing potential of online brand marketing
- How to Erase My Search History
- Traffic Exchanges-how I Got 2000 Hits in 24 Hours
- How to Remove Win32 Tanatos M Virus
- Dealing With Large Spreadsheets
- Start to Finish Web Site Ideas With the Intention of Toil
- Enterprise Data Hub and Wearable Sensors - Improving Digital Lifestyle
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us