- 1). Insert the symbol you want to locate at the top of your Word document. Place the cursor at the top of the document and click the "Insert" tab.
- 2). Click the "Symbol" button on the Office Ribbon to display a grid of commonly used symbols. Click "More Symbols" to open the "Symbol" dialog.
- 3). Select the symbol you want to search for and click "Insert" to place the symbol in your document. Highlight the symbol and press "Ctrl" and "C" to copy the symbol.
- 4). Press "Ctrl" and "F" to open the find dialog. Place the cursor in the "Find" box and press "Ctrl" and "V" to insert the symbol copied in the previous step.
- 5). Press "Find" to search for the symbol. Word will search the document for the symbol and find each occurrence of the character in your document.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us