- 1). Make piecrust dough. (See "How to Make Basic Piecrust," under Related eHows.)
- 2). Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 3). Roll out piecrust dough to a thickness of 1/8 inch. (See Related eHow "How to Roll Out Dough.")
- 4). Transfer dough to pie pan by rolling the dough around the pin, then unrolling in the pan, or by folding the dough into quarters, then unfolding in the pan.
- 5). Trim dough edges, leaving a 3/4-inch overhang.
- 6). Fold the overhang under the edge, creating a rim. Crimp the rim decoratively.
- 7). Use a fork to prick the bottom of the crust.
- 8). Cover crust bottom with wax paper.
- 9). Place pie weights or dried beans on top of wax paper.
Put in oven and bake 10 to 12 minutes.
Take out weights and remove wax paper.
Turn heat down to 350 degrees F.
Bake another 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.