- 1). Connect the camera with the xD picture card inserted into another computer. Attempt to access the card via your operating system's file manager. Write down any error messages that appear.
- 2). Remove the xD card from the camera by opening or removing the xD card port cover and extracting the card. Insert the card into a card reader and attempt to access the card again via the file manager. Write down any error messages that appear.
- 3). Eject the card and physically examine it. Cracks, bends and warping may indicate hardware failure and physical damage. You may be able to extract data on the card by taking your card to a technician who specializes in data recovery.
- 4). Research any error messages that you have witnessed. Check your camera manufacturer's website for a knowledge base to search.
- 5). Reformat the card once you have extracted photographs if the card is readable. This may allow you to use the card again in your digital camera.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us