- Herbal PillsKathleen Brennan/Brand X Pictures/Getty Images
Whether you want to sharpen your mental focus for memorization, taking tests, studying, decision-making at work, or just to feel alert when you haven't had a good night's sleep, you may want to try vitamin pills or herbal supplements that will improve your concentration. There are many kinds of supplements in pill or capsule form, which will help to increase both your mental stamina and your physical energy level.
- Brain Reload consists of vitamins and mineral supplements. It has no stimulants, to prevent feeling jittery. It claims to help increase mental focus, which, in turn, boosts your overall energy level. The ingredients in Brain Reload are: DL phenylalanine, choline, DMAE, phosphatidlyserine, and acetyl L carnitine. Phenylalanine increases neurotransmitter levels resulting in higher neural energy which improves concentration and memory.
You can take BrainReload in combination with other brain vitamins. In fact, if taken with B vitamins and Omega-3, it may even increase its effects. Although the manufacturer of Brain Reload claims not to know of any possible interactions with other medications, it is always a good idea to consult with your health care provider if you are concerned about contraindications.
Nufocus Energy Pill
- NuFocus is a blend of organically cultivated ingredients: amino acids, vitamins, and natural supplements. It comes in a convenient carry pack and the pills are designed with an extended release formula to maintain higher energy levels and mental focus throughout your entire day.
- Energy NADH is manufactured by Pro Health. Its main ingredient is an enzyme responsible for energy production, however, Pro Health claims that it also increases mental alertness, memory, and improves your mood. Energy NADH contains mitchondria which creates a substance known as adnosine-tri-phosphate, a fuel that powers cells. According to Naturopathic Doctor, Scott D. Olsen, NADH plays a crucial role in the creation of the following neurotransmitters: dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine which are contribute to alertness, memory, and mood.
Pro Health claims that NADH is extremely safe with "insignificant" side effects and without any known drug interactions. It is the activated form of niacin (vitamin B3) in the body and contains no stimulants.
- Zoom energy pills have been developed to give you energy, stamina, increased metabolism, improved focus, and mental clarity. Zoom consists of vitamins, herbs, and caffeine. Its vitamins are mostly vitamin B variations and its herbs include green tea leaf, ginseng,and wheat grass. The caffeine amount in one pill is 100 mg. The recommended dosage is 1 to 2 pills per day or when you feel the need for a boost of energy. If you only took 2 pills a day, you would only be ingesting 200 mg of caffeine which equals about one and half cups of coffee, however, if you took 2 pills every time you felt the need for a boost, you might ingest more than the recommended limit of 700 mg of caffeine in one day.