- 1). Photocopy the sheet music and punch holes in it.
- 2). Arrange the photocopied pages into a plastic or cardboard-backed three-ring binder.
- 3). Use plastic clips such as clothespins or bag closure clips to fasten the sides of the sheet music to the binder.
- 1). Place sheet music on your music stand. Open pages so you can see all the music you need to play.
- 2). Place one or more thick rubber bands over the stand and over your sheet music to keep it in place.
- 3). Use a weight to hold the bottom of the music pages steady if necessary. Items such as keys, accessories, or a rectangular block of wood work well.
Holding Pages in Books
- 1). Attach the front and back covers of a bound instrumental book to the sides or top of the music stand using plastic clips.
- 2). Hold open the pages in the book that you need to see by clipping together the pages of music you don't need to play. The weight of the clips will help prevent wind from blowing the pages around.
- 3). Use something heavy to keep the bottom part of the book steady on the music stand.