- 1). Determine a theme. Options might include a wildlife theme centered on a habitat, such as a jungle, forest or mountain, or on a particular animal, such as a lion-themed room or tropical birds or something less exotic, such as a deer-themed space.
- 2). Choose solid-colored wall hues to start your room theme. In most instances, you want to go with fairly neutral colors that are still rich and visually stimulating, such as deep chocolate browns, rich greens or tan or taupe. Accent paint colors for the walls of your space might include a burgundy-hued red or a burnt orange. However, since these colors tend to be bright, they should be used as accent colors only. All of these are common wildlife colors and will complement other elements of the room's decor.
- 3). Purchase wall art. In most instance, wall art is what brings a room theme together and wildlife themes are no different. Depending on the type of room you are decorating, you might opt for a more sophisticated wildlife print or a series of black-and-white animal photos. If the room is for a child, you might hang framed wildlife clip art pieces on the walls.
- 4). Look for accessories to highlight your theme. From wildlife-printed light switch covers to printed curtains, sculptures, animals forming the base of lamps and other objects, there are numerous ways in which you can demonstrate the theme of the room.
- 5). Choose one or two large pieces to showcase the theme in the room. For example, if your theme is a rain forest, you might invest in a sound machine that disseminates noises similar to that of a real rain forest or large, leafy plants to give the space authenticity. If yours is a jungle-themed room, then a cheetah print throw, complemented by a rug in the same print, among neutral browns, tans and accents of greens brings the theme to life.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us