- 1). Determine a theme. Options might include a wildlife theme centered on a habitat, such as a jungle, forest or mountain, or on a particular animal, such as a lion-themed room or tropical birds or something less exotic, such as a deer-themed space.
- 2). Choose solid-colored wall hues to start your room theme. In most instances, you want to go with fairly neutral colors that are still rich and visually stimulating, such as deep chocolate browns, rich greens or tan or taupe. Accent paint colors for the walls of your space might include a burgundy-hued red or a burnt orange. However, since these colors tend to be bright, they should be used as accent colors only. All of these are common wildlife colors and will complement other elements of the room's decor.
- 3). Purchase wall art. In most instance, wall art is what brings a room theme together and wildlife themes are no different. Depending on the type of room you are decorating, you might opt for a more sophisticated wildlife print or a series of black-and-white animal photos. If the room is for a child, you might hang framed wildlife clip art pieces on the walls.
- 4). Look for accessories to highlight your theme. From wildlife-printed light switch covers to printed curtains, sculptures, animals forming the base of lamps and other objects, there are numerous ways in which you can demonstrate the theme of the room.
- 5). Choose one or two large pieces to showcase the theme in the room. For example, if your theme is a rain forest, you might invest in a sound machine that disseminates noises similar to that of a real rain forest or large, leafy plants to give the space authenticity. If yours is a jungle-themed room, then a cheetah print throw, complemented by a rug in the same print, among neutral browns, tans and accents of greens brings the theme to life.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Splint a Dog's Broken Leg
- How to Cut Schnauzer Hair
- Training a Puppy is a Positive Experience
- When Should Dogs Start Agility Training?
- Tips to Make Your Next Vet Visit Easier
- Overcoming Male Dog Breeding Problems
- How to Teach Your Chihuahua Pup to Eliminate on Command
- Common Havanese Health Problems - Keeping Your New Havanese Puppy Healthy And Happy
- Interactive Outdoor Toy Ideas for Dogs
- The Alpha Dog
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us