- San Diego is a city full of attractions for the whole family.San Diego image by Charles Kaye from Fotolia.com
San Diego is packed with attractions for the whole family. The San Diego Zoo is nationally recognized for its 100 acres full of animals from around the world, while SeaWorld theme park offers a day of wet and wild adventures. You don't want to start a day of sightseeing, however, without a hot breakfast. There are several hotels in San Diego to choose from that feature a full, hearty breakfast.
Holiday Inn Express Old Town
- The Holiday Inn Express is located in the heart of Historic Old Town in San Diego, centrally located near attractions like Heritage Park and the Whaley House Museum, which is thought to be America's most haunted house.
Each morning, guests enjoy a complimentary breakfast of fresh fruit and juices, cereal, breads and pastries, hard-boiled eggs, hot cinnamon rolls, coffee, cheese omelets and bacon. If you're dining outside the hotel, check out nearby El Agave, which serves Mexican food and offers 500 brands of Tequila. If you prefer Italian, Jack and Guilo's is also nearby.
The hotel provides guests with a heated outdoor pool and an outdoor courtyard complete with fountains and gardens, along with a complimentary shuttle traveling to local attractions. Free wireless Internet and a business center are also available.
Days Inn Near SeaWorld
- The Days Inn is positioned only five minutes from area attractions like SeaWorld and Old Town, as well as the San Diego International Airport. Start your day with a full complimentary continental breakfast including scrambled eggs and pancakes. If eating out for dinner, walk over to Tio Carlos or Olive Garden.
Rooms feature cable television with HBO, a refrigerator and a microwave. Laundry facilities are also available, as is a heated pool.
- Embassey Suites is only minutes from the San Diego International Airport and a short walk to the San Diego Convention Center, making it convenient for both business and pleasure trips.
The hotel provides guests with a tailor-made breakfast including sausage, hash browns, bacon, eggs, toast, cereal, fresh fruit, pancakes and waffles. An on-site restaurant, PFC Bar and Grill, also serves a variety of seafood and hamburger options. Room service for breakfast, lunch and dinner is also available, and a Starbucks is open on-site.
In addition, Embassey Suites provides children's activities as well as children's video rentals, cribs and high chairs. A hair salon, gift shop, fitness center and outdoor pool are all on offer, along with concierge services.
Best Western Bayside
- The Best Western Bayside is only three blocks from the San Diego Bay, and other attractions such as SeaWorld and San Diego Zoo are also easily accessible.
Breakfast starts at 6:30 a.m. and includes a buffet of fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, cereal, homemade muffins, breads, pastries, coffee, tea and juices as well as seasoned breakfast potatoes, biscuits and gravy, and pancakes. For dinner, the nearby Bayside Bar & Grill offers American/Mexican-style cuisine.
Each room at the hotel is equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, clock radio with mp3 hook-up, wireless Internet, and cable television including HBO and in-room movies. Other amenities include a complimentary airport shuttle and an outdoor heated pool and spa. Guests also enjoy free passes to a Pure Fitness, a local gym.