- 1). Remove the drawer from your cabinet, desk or other piece of furniture. Properly measuring for an undermount drawer slide involves precise dimensions, and the presence of a drawer in the area you're measuring will only make this more difficult if it doesn't make it downright impossible.
- 2). Measure the length of your drawer opening. Be as precise as possible. Keep in mind that when you eventually decide on a set of undermount drawer slides, you will need to subtract the thickness of the slides from the length of the drawer opening to compensate for the amount of space they will take up when installed.
- 3). Measure the depth of the drawer opening, from the very front of the drawer to the very back. Undermount drawer slides are typically metal frames with adjustable lengths, so no matter what the length of your drawer opening you should be able to find a set of drawer slides that fits it. However, if you purchase a set of fixed-length drawer slides you will need to know this exact length measurement to know whether or not the slides will fit into place.
- 4). Turn over your drawer so that you can see the bottom. Find the length, width and depth of the drawer. Part of the drawer slide mechanisms will need to be physically mounted to the drawer itself, so you will need to know these measurements in order to properly purchase a mounting slide kit that fits the drawer in question as well as the drawer opening.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us