- 1). Measure the damaged area. If you do not have any leftover linoleum from when the flooring was installed, use a very sharp utility knife to cut a diamond-shaped piece slightly larger than the damaged area from a hidden spot, such as under the refrigerator or behind the stove. Gently pry it away from the floor.
- 2). Place the replacement piece on the damaged area, carefully aligning the patterns so your repair will be as inconspicuous as possible.Tape the replacement piece over the damaged area using masking tape.
- 3). Cut through both layers of linoleum using your utility knife, making the cuts even and following along any curves or lines in the pattern.
- 4). Untape the linoleum pieces and set the replacement piece aside. Loosen the damaged section by applying heat from a blow dryer to soften the glue.
- 5). Make a small slit in the center of the damaged piece with your utility knife. While applying heat, work a kitchen knife or screwdriver into the slit, and wiggle it back and forth to loosen the linoleum. It should come free, and you can remove it.
- 6). Apply linoleum adhesive to the floor in a thin layer. Carefully fit the patch into the spot and press down firmly. Wipe up any adhesive that oozes through the seam immediately. Stand on the patch to ensure a bond.
- 7). Place a heavy object, such as a toolbox or large book, on top of the repaired section while the glue dries. Once it is dry, remove the weight, and your patch should be nearly invisible.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Daswell Mobile Concrete Mixer With High Efficiency On Sale
- SEO Tools Reviewed - The Basics That You Should Invest In
- Do You Make These Common SEO Mistakes?
- Explaining Straightforward Plans For Chiropractic Care
- Know More Information About Airplane Ads
- imperative that you keep your eye on the important
- Most Excellent Ways to Advertise
- Make Money Online From Your Home
- Easy Email Marketing Techniques To Increase Your Traffic
- Advertising scenarios in different Indian cities
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us