- 1). Select low-fat bean dips. Beans dips are a wonderful way to replace fattening dips. Bean dip is not only high in protein, but it's also high in fiber. Best of all, it's low in calories and fat. One of the leading brands on the market contains only 40 calories and 1 gram of fat per serving. Serve with baked tortilla chips for a delicious and healthy snack.
- 2). Make homemade salsa. Salsa in general is fat-free and low in calories. The reason homemade salsa is the better option to fattening dips is that you control the ingredients. This means you can cut back on the amount of salt. The average store-bought brand contains a whopping 210 mg of sodium per 1/4 cup.
- 3). Replace ranch dressing with low-calorie choices. Ranch dressing is one of the most popular dips. This fattening favorite contains 11 grams of fat per serving. Instead, look for fat-free or reduced fat versions. You'll get the same great taste but with a lot less fat.
- 4). Prepare low-fat creamy dips. Just because a dip is creamy doesn't mean it has to be full of fat. You can use fat-free plain yogurt to prepare a variety of creamy dips. Fat-free yogurt is the perfect substitute for sour cream. This means you can make onion or ranch dips that are satisfying and fat-free.
- 5). Substitute fattening sweet dips with a low-fat version. Instead of reaching for that fattening caramel dip, you could prepare a sweet dip using yogurt and honey. If you like tangy flavors, you can also sweeten fat-free sour cream or cream cheese with a sugar substitute or sugar-free jam.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time