- 1). Sign up for an account. There are many services that allow you to set up a website for free, including some who specialize in blog-style sites. For more traditional website layouts, try a free web hosting/site-building service such as Weebly or Webs.com. To do this, supply information including your name and email address, and create a password.
- 2). Design your homepage. It is important that you let your visitors know what information can be found on your site and where they can find it. Include a text article about your church and the services it offers as well as pictures and links that connect your homepage to other pages that contain more detailed information. For blogs, your homepage will be the main location of up-to-date information while a more traditional site will link to secondary pages.
- 3). Create secondary pages. Include in a basic church website information such as an official contact page with a list of church officers and their phone numbers, email addresses, etc. Expand the contact list to include church members as well. Dedicate another page to listing upcoming dinners, yard sales and other events, and another page to current news/prayer requests. Develop as many or as few pages as you need; however, make sure to add a link to the page on your homepage so visitors are aware it exists.
- 4). Publish your site. After you are satisfied with the way your site looks, make it visible through the publish function. After your site is published, make sure that your congregation knows it exists by getting the word out via church bulletin, telephone calls, etc.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Indoor Paintball Games
- How to Stop Coming Over the Top in the Golf Swing
- Fun Math Board Games
- An Appreciation of Lynn Mctaggart, the Field and the Intention Experiment
- Lara Croft Tomb Raider Anniversary Cheats
- Groove Your Golf Swing the Easy Way - With the Medicus Driver!
- Quechua Tents: For the Camping Pro or the Beginner
- Triathlon Training For Beginners - Dispelling Popular Training Strategies
- Five Features Make Online Bingo Popular!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us