- 1). Download the latest version of the BlackBerry Desktop software (See Resources).
- 2). Open the program and connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable.
- 3). Click the "Update My Device" button that appears on the software home screen.
- 4). Click "Get Update" in the pop-up that appears.
- 5). Choose if you want to "Back up your device data" and if you want to "Encrypt backup file" to secure it from other users. This creates a file on your computer that saves your phone's contacts, messages, emails and third-party applications. The update will erase all data on the phone.
- 6). Click "Install Update" to start the update. Keep the phone connected to your computer during the process. It may take up to an hour and you will receive a message on the computer when the installation is complete.
- 7). Restore any backed up date by opening "Device" and "Restore" at the top. Choose if you want to restore all of the backed up data or if you want to select what you want to restore from the backup file. Type the password for the file if you chose to encrypt it and then click "Restore" to add the data back to your phone.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Data Structures Assignment Help services for students
- How to Find The Right School for Your Child
- Alcatraz Island
- Find it! - Finden Sie es!
- A Proposal For The Calculation Of Wear
- Customer Care Training Courses
- Know Thy Enemy: A Guide to Successful AP English Literature Test Preparation
- Mother's Day Writing Activities for Kindergarten Students
- Colleges Near Westland, Michigan
- How to Teach Grammar to Adults
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us