- 1). Download the latest version of the BlackBerry Desktop software (See Resources).
- 2). Open the program and connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable.
- 3). Click the "Update My Device" button that appears on the software home screen.
- 4). Click "Get Update" in the pop-up that appears.
- 5). Choose if you want to "Back up your device data" and if you want to "Encrypt backup file" to secure it from other users. This creates a file on your computer that saves your phone's contacts, messages, emails and third-party applications. The update will erase all data on the phone.
- 6). Click "Install Update" to start the update. Keep the phone connected to your computer during the process. It may take up to an hour and you will receive a message on the computer when the installation is complete.
- 7). Restore any backed up date by opening "Device" and "Restore" at the top. Choose if you want to restore all of the backed up data or if you want to select what you want to restore from the backup file. Type the password for the file if you chose to encrypt it and then click "Restore" to add the data back to your phone.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- HP Pavilion Notebook n3250 Specifications
- Proficient Bitdefender Promotional Offer Studying Primary Requirements For Perfect Antivirus Marketi
- How to Save on AT&T Prepaid Phone Minutes
- How to Keep the Aspect Ratio With Any DVD Converter
- What Is the ISO Model?
- How to Troubleshoot XD Picture Cards
- How to Receive a Fax Using Microsoft Outlook 2000 WinFax
- Top Ten ERP Software In The Market
- Viber on BlackBerry
- What Your Affiliate Marketing Blog Needs to Succeed
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us