- 1). Set the block to be squared on the surface plate. Position the surface gauge rod's ball-end in such a manner that it projects out from the base of the surface gauge. Set the reference square adjacent to the angle plate.
- 2). Mount the dial test indicator onto the rod. Ensure that the contact point is roughly in the same vertical plane as the outer edge of the ball. Slide the surface gauge onto the surface plate until the ball touches the lower end of a reference square.
- 3). Twist the surface gauge in an arc. This action will cause the dial test indicator tip to sweep up to the higher end of the reference square. Mark a high point on the reference square -- no higher than the surface of the angle plate -- that you want to test.
- 4). Zero the dial test indicator out. Slide the surface gauge until the ball touches the lower end of the surface point you need to check. Sweep the indicator point as in step 3. Read the deviation from the point on the reference square on the indicator. Continue the process until you've squared the block. Note that by repositioning the ball and the test indicator height points, you can test squareness from different portions of your square block.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Hire the Reliable Builders and Installers to Have Beautiful Home Improvements
- How to Choose the Right Curtains For Your Home
- Room Decor of Different Time Periods
- How to Decorate Mahogany Floors
- Nursery Furniture Ideas
- Types of Wall Covering
- How to Paint Your House & Make Every Room Look Great
- Choosing Window Blinds Sydney
- How to Create a Decorative Mirror with Tile
- Ladybug Wall Decorations
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us