- 1). Select the fabric for your gift bag. For an elegant look, choose organza, velvet or satin. Do not use the velvet or organza as a lining---satin makes the best lining regardless of which fabric you choose for the bag's outside. To present a casual, locally produced wine, consider choosing an earthy cotton print for a homespun look. In this case, use a matching solid cotton to line the bag.
- 2). Choose a cord that compliments your fabric. You can use everything from a fancy braided gold cord to a string of woven hemp, depending on what sort of look you want to accomplish.
- 3). Iron the fabric, and turn it so that the two "good" sides are facing one another. Clip the corners at the bottom so that the edges will be rounded. Using 1/2-inch seam allowance, sew the bottom and two sides together with matching thread. Do not sew the top of the bag.
- 4). Press the seams open on the fabric. Turn the wine bag right side out. Turn the top 1/2 inch of the bag back into the inside of the bag. Pin, and sew the bag closed, being careful to sew in a straight line within 1/8 inch of the edge.
- 5). Place the wine bottle in the bag, and tie around the neck using the cord you selected. Tie in a bow or very loose knot, so the recipient can easily access the bottle of wine.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecies - How Do They Fit Into Our Lives?
- Manifesting Your Power to Create Your Own Wealth
- What You See Is What You Get!
- The Salve of Tolerance
- 5 Secrets On The Importance Of A Coach
- Are You Failing in the Present?
- How to Make BIG Changes in your Life When you are Stuck!
- Guidelines For Living
- How to Get Your Way and Come Out Unscathed
- Don"t Wait - Celebrate!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us