- 1). Cut the green stalks from the white bulb, and remove the leaves from the stalks.
- 2). Place the leaves in an ice cube tray in equal amounts, such as 1/2 teaspoon. Cover the leaves with water, and place in the freezer.
- 3). Chop the stalks. Place the chopped stalks in another ice cube tray in even amounts, as with the leaves. Cover with water and place in the freezer.
- 4). Boil a pot of water on the stove. As the water heats, cut the white bulb into quarters or eighths.
- 5). Fill a bowl halfway with ice, and add cold water until the ice is floating.
- 6). Place the sectioned bulb in the pot of water when it is boiling. Allow the fennel to cook in the boiling water for 30 seconds.
- 7). Transfer the fennel bulb sections to the ice cold water until they cool.
- 8). Place the fennel sections in a freezer-safe plastic bag, and label the bag.
- 9). Transfer the cubes of fennel leaves and the cubes of fennel stalk to separate freezer bags when the water in the ice cube trays has frozen. Label the bags with the date and the amount of fennel leaves or stalks contained in each cube.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time