- 1). Place the canvas print to be varnished on a clean, flat surface.
- 2). Pour some varnish into a wide, shallow container. Choose a matte vanish if you want your finished print to have a matte finish, and if you want a glossy finish, choose glossy varnish.
- 3). Dip your brush in the varnish to coat its bristles and begin applying it to the canvas in long, even strokes. Begin each stroke at the top of the canvas and gently pull it to the bottom of the canvas in one continuous motion.
- 4). Eliminate air bubbles as you work. As soon as you see one, smooth it out and continue brushing on varnish.
- 5). Avoid going back over areas where you've already applied varnish. Instead, allow the first coat of varnish to dry and then apply a second coat to cover any missed areas.
- 6). Place a plastic sheet or piece of newsprint over the canvas while the varnish dries. This will protect the surface of the print from accumulating dust particles. Elevate the protective plastic or paper above the canvas' surface.
- 7). Apply between one and three thin coats of varnish rather than one thick coat; a thick coat of varnish takes longer to dry, which increases the chances that it will attract dust, it may dry cloudy over dark colors and brush strokes are more likely to be visible when it dries.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to learn to speak with a British accent-fast
- How to Use Sentence Connectors to Show Contrast
- The Relationship Between Saving and Investment
- Description of a Graphic Organizer
- How to Get Ready for a Green Job
- How to Find Congruent Triangles
- A Woman Seated at a Window, probably ca. 1661
- Construction Estimating Software Keeps Your Budget Safe
- How to Earn Your Masters in Education Online
- The Best Strategies for MBA by Reputed MBA Admission Counselling Services
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us