- 1). Scan your computer for unnecessary files such as temporary files and programs (which can include harmful spyware or adware) that have been downloaded to your computer without your knowledge. This scan can be performed by selecting the "All Programs" tab on the start menu followed by the "Accessories" menu. Select the "System Tools" drop-down menu and the "Disk Cleanup" option.
- 2). Access your internet browser and delete and temporary internet files or cookies that your computer automatically stores in its cache. This can be done by clicking on the "Tools" menu and selecting "Options" in your internet browser.
- 3). Delete any items from your desktop that you do not need. Oftentimes programs, documents and links that you download from emails and the internet will download straight to your desktop.You can periodically purge these from your computer.
- 4). Review your folders such as My Documents, and move files into sub folders to make the system more manageable and organized. Look for duplicate files that you have saved in more than one place.
- 5). Delete programs from your "Applications" folder that you do not plan on using. Each program your download from the internet takes up a lot of space on your computer.
- 6). Back up larger files such as photos, music or documents that you do not need to access frequently to a thumb drive, CD, or DVD. Once backed up and safely stored, you can delete these items and rely on the backup disks if you need to access the files.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecies - How Do They Fit Into Our Lives?
- Manifesting Your Power to Create Your Own Wealth
- What You See Is What You Get!
- The Salve of Tolerance
- 5 Secrets On The Importance Of A Coach
- Are You Failing in the Present?
- How to Make BIG Changes in your Life When you are Stuck!
- Guidelines For Living
- How to Get Your Way and Come Out Unscathed
- Don"t Wait - Celebrate!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us