- 1). Study the schematic for a full-wave rectifier. Notice the specific arrangement of the four diodes. They are separated into two pairs. One pair of diodes face each other anode-to-anode, and the other pair of diodes face each other cathode-to-cathode. This manipulates the flow of current to turn the negative AC half-cycle into a positive half-cycle.
- 2). Arrange the four diodes into the bridge configuration indicated in the schematic. The bridge configuration is displayed as a diamond in the schematic. This bridge configuration creates the two diode pairs described in the previous step. On your diodes, the cathode is the end with the colored band closest to it, while the anode is the opposite end of the component. On a schematic, the cathode end is indicated by a line, while the anode is indicated by a triangle facing the cathode. This image describes the direction of the electricity flow across the diode.
- 3). Wire the four diodes together in the arrangement described in the previous step and solder the connections to prevent anything from shaking loose during operation.
- 4). Wire the secondary coil of the transformer to the diode bridge. The positive end of the transformer connects between the top set of diodes, while the negative ends connect between the bottom set of diodes.
- 5). Connect a resistive load to the diode bridge. This load, which is modeled as a resistor, connects between the cathode-to-cathode pair and the anode-to-anode pair. This is depicted as the side of the diamond on the schematic.
- 6). Wire a capacitor across the wires connected the diode bridge to the resistive load. The positive end of the capacitor will connect to the wire connecting to the positive side of the load, while the negative side connects to the wire connecting to the negative side of the load.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecies - How Do They Fit Into Our Lives?
- Manifesting Your Power to Create Your Own Wealth
- What You See Is What You Get!
- The Salve of Tolerance
- 5 Secrets On The Importance Of A Coach
- Are You Failing in the Present?
- How to Make BIG Changes in your Life When you are Stuck!
- Guidelines For Living
- How to Get Your Way and Come Out Unscathed
- Don"t Wait - Celebrate!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us