- 1). Use shoe polish to cover light scratches in hardwood kitchen cabinets. Use brown for dark stained kitchen cabinets, use cordovan for cherry kitchen cabinets and use tan shoe polish for oak kitchen cabinets. Dip a clean soft rag into the shoe polish and apply to the scratch then buff with another clean, soft rag.
- 2). Use instant coffee for scratches in dark hardwood kitchen cabinets. Use approximately 1/2 of a teaspoonful of instant coffee, add water, very little at a time until the instant coffee dissolves. Dip the corner of a clean, soft rag or a cotton swab into the mixture and rub it into the scratch. Allow it to dry completely. Reapply if the color it too light.
- 3). Crack open a fresh walnut. Rub the nut, not the nutshell in the direction of the scratch. This works well for light colored hardwood kitchen cabinets.
- 4). Use iodine on scratches in hardwood kitchen cabinets. Use straight iodine for mahogany cabinets or cherry cabinets, use a 50-50 mixture of iodine and mineral spirits for medium woods such as maple cabinets and use 75% mineral spirits and 25% iodine for light woods such as oak cabinets. Use a cotton swab or clean, dry rag to apply in the direction of the scratch.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Make Diet Easy
- Magnetic Acupuncture And Weight Loss
- Bad moods short temper stress anxious get over your mood swings be nice be happy
- When Can I Expect to Lose Weight by Working Out?
- The Stress Cure - Is Stress Zapping Your Memory?
- Great Leaders Don"t Need To Enjoy Training, Just To Benefit From It
- How To Overcome All Blocks To Personal and Spiritual Achievement
- Inside The Head of a Successful Dieter
- The Epidemic Of Adult Obesity
- Getting Past The Average Line, One Way Or Another
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us