- 1). Cover light fixtures, outlets or any other electrical fixtures with plastic sheeting secured by tape. Use painter's tape if you are securing the sheeting directly to the side of the house.
- 2). Cover any aluminum or metal fixtures, decorations or architectural elements with plastic sheeting secured by tape to prevent damage or discoloration from the cleaning solution.
- 3). Cover any delicate plants with plastic sheeting to prevent damage from the cleaning solution.
- 4). Mix together 1 gallon of water, 1/3 cup laundry detergent or 1 tbsp. dishwashing soap, and 2/3 cup TSP, borax or oxygen bleach. If you have aluminum siding, don't use TSP.
- 5). Spray a 6-by-6-foot section at the bottom corner of one side of the house with water.
- 6). Dip the cleaning brush in the soap mixture.
- 7). Scrub the area you sprayed with the hose, using the brush in a gentle side-to-side motion.
- 8). Rinse the area you just scrubbed with water and rinse away all traces of cleaner, dirt and algae.
- 9). Repeat Steps 5 through 8, working your way first across the bottom section of one side of the house, and then upward.
Remove the plastic sheeting from plants.
Spray plants gently and water deeply to rinse away and dilute any remaining cleaning solution.
Remove plastic sheeting and tape from fixtures, electrical outlets and any metal elements that you covered in Steps 1 and 2.
Continue the process, repeating Steps 1 to 12 for each side of the house requiring algae removal. Mixing a fresh cleaning solution for each side will ensure that you are not cleaning the house with dirty solution.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Backpacking Information on Pakistan
- Family Holiday - Brilliant Choices Which You Might Go For
- Patagonia: A Leading Destination For Hikers And Anglers
- A Historical Guide of Lahore Attractions!
- Mathura - Important Destination
- Tourism in India
- Goa india
- Aruba Rentals To Choose From To Enjoy Your Stay In The Caribbean
- Some of the best tour packages in India
- Travel to Destination Paradise Greece
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us