- 1). Scrub away the rust with a steel wool pad. This removes the surface rust.
- 2). Put on rubber gloves to protect your hands from the phosphoric acid in naval jelly. Pour a quarter-size dollop of naval jelly on a paper towel. Apply the naval jelly to a rust spot on the Dodge Neon. Continue to apply naval jelly until every bit of rust is covered by a generous layer of naval jelly.
- 3). Wait 10 to 15 minutes for the naval jelly to dissolve the rust.
- 4). Clean off the rust with a paper towel. Wipe the area clean.
- 5). Apply a primer with a paint brush to the formerly rusted areas. Use a rust-inhibiting primer made for cars and trucks. The primer provides a rust-proof coating that stops further rusting.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time