- Some of the side effects of aluminum-containing antacids include: severe constipation, moodiness, appetite loss and weight loss, swollen joints, muscle weakness and bone pain.
- Some of the side effects of calcium-containing antacids include severe constipation, moodiness, pain during urination, frequent urination, headaches, appetite loss, nausea, restlessness and fatigue.
- Some of the side effects of magnesium-containing antacids include moodiness, dizziness, arrhythmia, painful urination, unusual weight loss and fatigue.
Sodium Bicarbonate Based
- Some of the side effects of sodium bicarbonate-containing antacids include frequent urination, appetite loss, nausea, swollen feet and legs, muscle pain, headaches and fatigue.
Other Side Effects
- Antacids may sometimes cause less common side effects like excessive thirst, mild constipation, diarrhea, abdominal cramps and discolored stool.