- 1). Decide whether you will purchase a slipcover or make your own. The price of a slip cover will vary by size and the quality of fabric. The disadvantage of purchasing a slipcover is that it may not fit as well as a custom cover. You may find that you have to do a good deal of readjusting for the cover to fit properly.
- 2). Measure the sectional. Because configurations and pillow cushion sizes vary greatly, there is no standard measurement that can be used when you make your own slipcover. It would be best to measure each section of the couch individually.
- 3). Purchase fabric and make your own slipcover. Choose a durable fabric. Tightly woven fabrics work well for slipcovers that will fit snugly on the sectional. For a more relaxed fit, a brocade or canvas fabric would be ideal.
- 4). Cover the sectional with the fabric. For a more-fitted look, staple the fabric to the wooden frame just underneath the sectional. If your cushions and pillows are not sewn onto the couch, remove them before stapling the fabric. You will have to cover the cushions separately.
- 5). Drape the fabric over the sectional if you want a looser fit; drape the fabric over the sectional and secure the fabric by pressing firmly between the cushions. Although this way is easier than making a fitted cover, you will have to straighten the fabric out often.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Real Estate Auctioneers Sydney Discuss Advantages for Buyers and Sellers
- The Refreshing Fragrance of Giorgio Armani
- How Long Can A Trade In Forex Last
- What is Preselling Affiliate Products and Why Should You Care?
- Running a Successful EBook Business
- Clients Are Confident In The Results Of A Marine Accident Investigation Performed By STA
- Small Business Investment Act
- How To Negotiate A Flexible Work Schedule
- Staying Entertained on Owner Driver Jobs
- Online Stock Trading - Research and Limit
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us