Flush the System
- 1). Open a cold water faucet in a bathroom or kitchen. Allow the water to run for a few minutes and then close the faucet.
- 2). Move the handle for the bypass valve to the "Service" position. Water will begin to fill the tank.
- 3). Open a cold water faucet again to purge any trapped air from the system. Allow the water to run for at least two minutes and then close the faucet.
- 4). Open the hot water faucet for the bathtub in your bathroom. Allow the water to run until it is cold to remove any hard water from the water heater.
Operate the Timer
- 1). Pull out the "Time" dial and turn it to the current time of day. Push in on the dial to set the time.
- 2). Lift and turn the "Arrow" pointer to set the time for regeneration.
- 3). Press down on the pins that extend out at each number on the dial to set the number of days the system will regenerate.
- 4). Press the manual regeneration button to enter the regeneration cycle.