Energy Assistance Programs in Birmingham, Alabama

104 16
    • Alabama offers multiple energy assistance programs for heating and cooling to qualified residents.condensseur image by photlook from

      there are serveral energy assistance programs for residents of Birmingham, Alabama, including Alabama Power Company's Project SHARE program, which provides assistance to low-income individuals. Residents must meet specific eligibility requirements for programs that typically include health status, annual income and number of household members. Residents apply directly to the programs for energy assistance and applications are reviewed by organizational representatives. Applicants must provide written documentation regarding their personal need for assistance to be considered.


    • The Alabama Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides low-income residents with home energy financial assistance based on specified requirements. The annual household income must not exceed $16,245 to $61,125, depending on the number of people residing in the household. The household income cannot exceed 150 percent of the current federally established poverty level. LIHEAP covers individuals with health conditions that may include the elderly, persons with disabilities, pregnant women and young children.

    JCCEO Energy Assistance

    • The Low Income Home Energy Assistance and Alabama Charitable Trust Programs provide energy assistance for individuals who require a controlled environment due to a diagnosed health condition. Qualified residents receive heating and cooling assistance and applications must include a copy of the most recent utility bill and verification of income. Call the Jefferson County Committee for Economic Opportunity (JCCEO) to determine eligibility for energy assistance.

    Project SHARE

    • The Alabama Gulf Coast Chapter of the American Red Cross offers energy assistance through Project SHARE (Service to Help Alabamians with Relief on Energy) based on financial and personal need. Family income must be within specific ranges depending on household size and the head of household must be 62 years or older, or receiving Social Security benefits.


    • The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) offers energy assistance to qualifying citizens through the LIHEAP program.

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.