- 1). Locate the stock horns. The Toyota Highlander has both high and low tone horns. One is behind the Toyota emblem inside front grill and the other is under the driver's side headlamp. If you are only replacing one horn, make sure the new horn has the right tone.
- 2). Unplug the power connectors and remove the single mounting bolt on each horn with the socket wrench. Take out the original horns.
- 3). Mount the new horns using the bolts and washers in the kit and the original mounting holes, if possible. Ensure you have one low tone and one high tone horn if your kit is not a direct factory replacement.
- 4). Mount the new horns in the original location and plug in the power connectors to each new horn if you are installing factory replacements. If the original harness is not compatible with the new horns, you will need to use your wire crimper/stripper to connect the original wiring to the new harnesses. You will then be able to plug the new harnesses into the new horns.
- 5). Test the new horns. They should make a highly discordant sound if they are both working. You can test each horn separately by plugging one in at a time.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time