- A clock, or a watch is a suggested gift for a first anniversary.Watch image by Aqeel Ahmed from Fotolia.com
Choosing a first anniversary gift for your husband isn't so difficult if you put your mind to it. The traditional gift for a first anniversary is paper, while the modern alternative is a clock. Stick with the suggested gift themes for a first anniversary or think outside the box a bit and choose something else that you know he will love.
A Gift That Ticks
- Rather than giving him an actual clock to hang on the wall or place on his bedside table, go a different route. Choose a watch for him and you will stay within the suggested gift ideas and still choose something a bit different. Go with a watch made of a type of metal and have it engraved for him. You could engrave his name or initials on the back of the watch. Alternatively, have your wedding date engraved on the watch or include a phrase that is meaningful to the two of you.
A Gift of Tickets
- A couple tickets to an event will both be a fun anniversary gift and will fit the traditional first anniversary wedding gift, as most tickets are printed on some type of paper. Choose tickets to an event that you know he will enjoy, such as a sports game, a play or a musical concert. You could also decide to purchase passes for the two of you to attend a local museum, zoo or theme park.
A Gift of Days
- Create a calendar for him to hang on the wall at his office. You can make calendars with your own pictures at most stores that have a photo center, such as Walmart or CVS. Try to coordinate your pictures with each month. For example, use a photo of the two of you on your wedding day for the month in which you got married. For the month of June, go with a picture of the two of you at the beach. For December, choose a holiday shot.
- This gift is not only sentimental and meaningful, it also fulfills the traditional gift of paper. If you wrote your own vows, have them printed on a piece of nice card stock and frame them. You can hang this in your home, or he can hang it in his office for a daily reminder of your wedding day and the promises you made to each other on that day.