Varicose Veins Topics
- Topic Overview
- Health Tools
- What Happens
- What Increases Your Risk
- When To Call a Doctor
- Exams and Tests
- Treatment Overview
- Home Treatment
- Other Treatment
- Other Places To Get Help
- Related Information
Varicose Veins - Topic Overview
Home treatment may be all you need to ease your symptoms and keep the varicose veins from getting worse. You can:
- Wear compression stockings.
- Prop up (elevate) your legs.
- Avoidlong periods of sitting or standing.
- Get plenty of exercise.
If you need treatment or you are concerned about how the veins look, your options may include:
- Sclerotherapyto close off the vein.
- Laser treatment to close off thevein.
- Radiofrequency treatment to close off thevein.
- Phlebectomy, or stab avulsion, to remove the vein.
- Ligation and stripping to tie off and remove the vein.
Learning about varicose veins: