- 1). Combine equal parts peat moss and vermiculite or perlite to make the rooting medium. Place the medium in a 5-inch diameter pot, filling the pot to within 1 inch of the rim.
- 2). Fill a shallow tray with water. Set the pot in the water so the medium can absorb the moisture and become evenly damp. Remove the pot from the tray once the surface of the medium appears moist.
- 3). Cut a 3 to 4 inch length of stem with shears. Choose a stem with healthy leaves at the tip. Strip the excess foliage from the bottom 1 inch of the stem.
- 4). Pour a small amount of rooting hormone, available from florists, into a bowl. Dip the bare, cut end of the cutting into the rooting hormone and coat it completely.
- 5). Push the cut end of the cutting into the growing medium just deep enough so that it stands upright on its own.
- 6). Place the pot in a plastic bag and tie the bag closed. The bag retains a high moisture level during rooting. Set the pot in an area that receives bright, indirect light.
- 7). Open the bag after two to four weeks. Gently tug on the cutting. If there is resistance the cutting is rooted, if not close the bag and check again at one week intervals.
- 8). Leave the bag open once the tip cutting is rooted. Remove the bag gradually over the course of one week. Water the potting medium if the surface begins to dry.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Make Diet Easy
- Magnetic Acupuncture And Weight Loss
- Bad moods short temper stress anxious get over your mood swings be nice be happy
- When Can I Expect to Lose Weight by Working Out?
- The Stress Cure - Is Stress Zapping Your Memory?
- Great Leaders Don"t Need To Enjoy Training, Just To Benefit From It
- How To Overcome All Blocks To Personal and Spiritual Achievement
- Inside The Head of a Successful Dieter
- The Epidemic Of Adult Obesity
- Getting Past The Average Line, One Way Or Another
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us