- 1). Dial the person's number and allow the phone to ring. If the person isn't home or chooses not to answer, the voice mail function will kick in. The voice mail greeting will begin playing after a certain number of rings, which can typically range anywhere from three rings to 10 or more.
- 2). Hang up the phone if the person answers and you just want to leave a voice mail message without conversing. Call back at a later time when you know the person isn't likely to answer the phone.
- 3). Listen to the voice mail greeting for specific instructions so you'll know what kind of message to leave. Leaving a message is straightforward, but some people may ask that you leave a brief message, avoid leaving messages unless it's an emergency, or call them at an alternate number.
- 4). Leave your message in a clear, concise manner. If you are making a business-related call, explain who you are, why you're calling and leave a contact number. If it's a personal call, and especially if it's to someone with whom you frequently talk over the phone, keep the message short and simple. Hang up as soon as you finish recording the message.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Reach The Superior Health Level of Your Dog With a Clean Colon
- What to Do If a Dog Eats a Pothos House Plant?
- Here"s A Quick Check for Feline Urinary Tract Infection
- 10 Interesting Facts About Pit Bulls
- Cat Collar Safety
- How to Deal With Unwanted Behaviors
- Do Fish Have Babies Sexually or Asexually?
- Dog Grooming - How to Train Them
- What Happens If a Dog Drinks Water With Mosquito Larvae in It?
- Cat Body Language - Identifying Your Cat"s Movements and Behaviour
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Family & Relationships" Categories
Stay With Us