- 1). Measure the width of the inside portion of the faux wood beam. Cut several blocks of scrap 2-by-4-inch lumber to this measurement with a circular saw.
- 2). Locate where you plan to hang the fake ceiling beam. Ensure the location runs at a right angle to the walls by checking the angle with a carpenter's square. Mark both sides of the location of the wood beam installation area by snapping parallel chalk lines or placing two rows of painter's tape on the ceiling.
- 3). Find the ceiling joists by running a stud finder along the ceiling surface. Mark the joist locations with a light pencil mark inside your parallel lines.
- 4). Measure two feet from the side wall on one side. Position one block of scrap wood on the joist closest to the two-foot mark. Keep the block inside the parallel lines you marked on the ceiling. Drive two screws through the block and into the joist. Repeat the process from the other side wall.
- 5). Add more wood blocks to the ceiling joists along your wood beam installation lines. Place them approximately three to six feet apart.
- 6). Measure how long the fake ceiling beam needs to be to fit between the walls. Cut the beam using a circular saw so that it's a tight fit.
- 7). Slide the beam over the blocks in the ceiling to ensure it's the right length. Trim any excess off the beam with the circular saw.
- 8). Insert a tube of construction adhesive into a caulk gun. Cut the tip with a knife at an angle to open the tube.
- 9). Press the caulk gun's trigger to spread the adhesive along the edge of the beam that goes against the ceiling. Firmly press the faux wood beam in place against the ceiling. Wipe off any adhesive that oozes out.
Attach the fake ceiling beam to the wood blocks, driving screws on both sides of each block you attached to the ceiling. Cover the screws with wood filler that matches the color of the faux wood beam.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Data Structures Assignment Help services for students
- How to Find The Right School for Your Child
- Alcatraz Island
- Find it! - Finden Sie es!
- A Proposal For The Calculation Of Wear
- Customer Care Training Courses
- Know Thy Enemy: A Guide to Successful AP English Literature Test Preparation
- Mother's Day Writing Activities for Kindergarten Students
- Colleges Near Westland, Michigan
- How to Teach Grammar to Adults
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us