- 1). Cast on your yarn. With the yarn held double, tie a slip knot and place it over the needle. Hold the yarn so that the contrasting color (CC) is towards the back and the main color (MC) is towards the front. Cast on the first stitch using the traditional long tail method. Cast on the second stitch by reversing the long tail method, i.e., looping around the yarn held by your index finger at the back before looping through the yarn held around your thumb. Repeat, alternating with the traditional and reversed methods until you have cast on the desired number of stitches.
- 2). Begin knitting. On your first row, you will knit the CC stitch and purl the MC stitch, producing a fabric that looks similar to a one-by-one stitch ribbing pattern. For knit stitches, both yarns should be held at the back of the work, even though you are only using one color. For purl stitches, bring both strands to the front of the work.
- 3). Continue knitting. The stitch pattern will be reversed for the second row -- you will knit the MC stitches and purl the CC stitches. This will produce a fabric that is entirely the MC on one side, and the CC on the other. Read the chart for your double knitting pattern to determine when this should be switched. Changing whether you are knitting the MC or the CC on any given row will bring these colors to the opposite side of the fabric, producing a design.
- 4). Bind off. When binding off double knitted fabric, you may use any method you prefer. Additionally, you can use either both strands of yarn held together, or choose one strand to complete the bind off. When finished, cut the yarn and using a tapestry needle, weave in all of the ends.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Tell a Guy You Like Him - 4 Tips to Say I Love You to Your Man
- Be Responsible For Your Online Dating Security On Afroromance
- How to Give Her the Greatest Orgasm Ever! An Absolute Must Know For Every Man
- How to Get Your Man Back and Keep Him Devoted to You for Good
- Dating - The Psychology Behind Dating Younger Women
- How To Give Your Girl Multiple Orgasms Tonight! Be The Best She Has Ever Had!
- Don"t Let Your Relationship Be a Boring One
- How to Use Herbs to Increase Sexual Satisfaction
- The Need for Netiquette When Connecting With People
- Why Online Dating is For Everyone - Online Dating Tips
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us