Here's information about the marriage of Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim, how they met, where they were married, their baby, and more.
Fast Marriage Facts - Alice and Nicolas
Married: July 30, 2004.
First Marriage: No.
Did You Know?
Nicolas and Alice have a May-December marriage. Nicolas is 20 years older than Alice.
Nicolas Cage, aka Nicolas Kim Coppola: January 7, 1964 in Long Beach, California.
Nicolas' name is often misspelled as Nicholas.
Alice Kim: Abt. 1984.
Ages at Wedding:Nicolas, 40; Alice, 20.
How Nicolas and Alice Met:
Nicolas and Alice met in February, 2004 at Le Privé, a Los Angeles restaurant where she was his waitress. They became engaged in April, 2004.
Kim's engagement ring has both a large emerald and a diamond.
Nicolas and Alice were married on July 30, 2004 at a private ceremony at a northern California ranch.
Nicolas: Actor, producer, director.
Alice: Sushi waitress.
Children:Nicolas has two children:
- Weston Coppola Cage: Born in 1992. His mother is model Kristina Fulton.
- Kal-el Coppola Cage: Born in 2005 in New York City. His name is the birth name of Superman. His mother is Alice Kim Cage.
Nicolas has two previous marriages:
- Patricia Arquette: Nicolas and Patricia were married on April 8, 1995. They divorced on May 18, 2001.
- Lisa Marie Presley: Nicolas and Lisa Marie were married on August 10, 2002 at a secret ceremony in Hawaii. They separated after 107 days in December 2002 and later divorced on May 16, 2004.
Alice has no previous marriages.
Nicolas and Kim have numerous homes. Due to his large debt to the IRS, many properties have sold.
- Los Angeles, California: Was listed at $35 million. The home in Bel-Air, previously owned by Dean Martin and then Tom Jones, is a 11,000 square-foot Tudor-style home situated on one acre. Along with a two-bedroom guest house, the home has seven bedrooms, seven bathrooms, a theater, a game room, a wine cellar, and an Olympic-sized swimming pool. The home was bought in 1998. An auction to sell the property was set for early April 2010.
- Paradise Island, Bahamas: Home bought in 2004.
- Malibu, CA: Home sold in 2005.
- Hollywood, CA: Bought in 2005, sold in 2009.
- Rhode Island: Bought in 2005.
- Tilham Barn, England: Purchased in 2006.
- Exuma archipelago in the southern Bahamas: A small undeveloped island in the Bahamas valued at approximately $3 million. Purchased in May, 2006, the island's size is estimated to be 40+ acres. It is located nearly 85 miles southeast of Nassau and is now for sale.
- Bavarian Castle in Germany: Bought in 2006, sold in 2009.
- Las Vegas: Bought in 2006, sold in 2010.
- Louisiana: Bought in 2007, 2 homes sold in 2009.
- Midford Castle in England: Bought in 2007, sold in 2009.
- New York, NY condos: Sold.
- Aspen, CO chalet.
- San Francisco, California: The home has a limestone dragon fireplace designed by Manuel Palos.
4/16/2011: Being very drunk and having a loud argument with his wife Alice led to Nicolas Cage being arrested in New Orleans, Louisiana for domestic violence and disturbing the peace. TMZ.com reported that Cage's bond was posted by Dog and Beth Chapman. The court date for Cage was scheduled for May 31, 2011.
Quotes about the Marriage and Family of Kim and Nicolas Cage:
Nicolas, about his life with Alice: "I don't want to say [I am] happy because that's too fragile a word," he said last month, "but I'm definitely content, and I'm hopeful about the future."
Producer Jerry Bruckheimer, about Nicolas and Alice: "He loves her and that's really nice to see. She makes him very happy."
Nicolas, about where to live: "I think that having different environments is better, rather than having one huge, you know, space that you reside in all the time. I think it's more interesting to have smaller spaces that you can explore and feel like different people."
Nicolas, about moving: "When the kids are older, I'd like to move and go to New York or London. I love London, especially Notting Hill Gate and Portobello Road. I'd really like to spend a Christmas there soon."
Nicolas, about his marriage to Lisa Marie Presley: "I'm sad about this, but we shouldn't have been married in the first place."