- 1). Create your pattern. Fold your fabric in half with the right sides facing, and lie the old pair of pajama bottoms on top of the fabric. With your fabric marker, trace a line around the old pajamas with a ½ inch seam allowance around the sides and 1 ¾ inch seam allowance on the top.
- 2). Slowly cut out the two sides of fabric and pin the outside seam together.
- 3). Sew the outside seam. Stitch the outside seam with a Â½-inch hem. Use the back stitch to make sure the threading won't come unraveled. Press the seams open with an iron to make it easier to sew.
- 4). Pin and sew the inside seam. Pin every few inches along the seam and stitch the inside seam of the pajamas with the same ½-inch seam.
- 5). Sew the hem. At the bottom of the pant, fold over the fabric ¼ inch and press and fold over an additional ½ inch and sew. This additional fold gives a clean line to the bottom hem.
- 6). Sew the waistband. Fold over and press ¼ inch of fabric. Then fold the additional length needed to fit the elastic, pin and sew along the folded edge. Leave a small gap to feed the elastic through. Press the seams down again to ensure a professional appearance.
- 7). Measure the length needed for the elastic using your old PJ's. Measure the top waist of the pants without pulling them taught. Write down the number, measure again to double check and cut the elastic.
- 8). Thread the elastic through the pants. Place a safety pin at the end of the elastic and thread it through the casing just sewn. Pull the elastic through and sew the elastic to itself, creating the tension necessary for a correct fit.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Hire the Reliable Builders and Installers to Have Beautiful Home Improvements
- How to Choose the Right Curtains For Your Home
- Room Decor of Different Time Periods
- How to Decorate Mahogany Floors
- Nursery Furniture Ideas
- Types of Wall Covering
- How to Paint Your House & Make Every Room Look Great
- Choosing Window Blinds Sydney
- How to Create a Decorative Mirror with Tile
- Ladybug Wall Decorations
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us