- 1). Place a small cookie cutter or paper template cutout on a sheet of felt and trace around it with chalk. To make a paper template, draw or trace the shape on a piece of white paper and cut it out. Make two identical larger 2 1/2- to 3-inch shapes and one smaller 1 1/2- to 2-inch shape.
- 2). Place the smaller shape on top of one of the larger shapes and pin it in place with a straight pin. Thread an embroidery needle with embroidery floss. Pull the needle through both pieces of felt, about 1/2 inch from the edge of the small piece.
- 3). Sew a running stitch all the way around the inner edge of the smaller shape. A running stitch is a straight stitch where you push the needle down through the felt about 1/8 inch ahead of itself, pull through, then pull the needle up through the felt after another 1/8 inch and repeat. Try to keep these visible stitches as neat as possible.
- 4). Place the large appliqued shape on top of the other, identical large shape. Sew a running stitch around the inner edge of the large shape.
- 5). Hot glue the back of the felt applique to the hair clip.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time