- 1). Draw an outline of your applique design on the back side of the felt piece with a pencil. Draw in mirror image, as the objects will be reversed when face up, attached to your project.
- 2). Cut out your design with scissors, being careful to keep the edges smooth.
- 3). Spray the back of the felt with a light coat of spray adhesive and place it on the coin purse. Press into place. This will help keep the felt in its desired position while adding the embroidery. Add one piece of felt at a time, waiting to complete the embroidery before adding additional applique pieces.
- 4). Thread the needle with three strands of embroidery floss. Standard embroidery floss comes with six strands and will need to be separated before you thread your needle.
- 5). Use a straight stitch to outline the shape of the applique, working 1/8 to 1/16-inch in from the outer edge of the felt piece.
- 6). Attach additional pieces of felt with adhesive and sew in place.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time