- 1). Choose a sunny day to paint. First clean the concrete free of debris and dirt. Sweep it thoroughly. If there is a lot of dirt or spilled substances you may want to hose it down a few days before. If there are big cracks that you want to fill there is a caulk that is especially made for filling concrete. It is called Mortar or Concrete caulk. This will have a gritty feel to it. Do this step before painting.
- 2). Ready to paint. Start with using the paintbrush and just trimming out the edges where the roller cannot get. Then just pour some paint on the concrete and start rolling. Keep in mind this paint does dry quickly. make sure that the first coat is fairly thick. This type of paint is an oil based so it does roll on smooth but is hard to get off hands and clothes.
- 3). Repeat a second coat and let dry. When choosing a color, a darker shade will hide dirt much easier. Repeat this every year or two to keep a vibrant color.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us