- 1). Choose a sunny day to paint. First clean the concrete free of debris and dirt. Sweep it thoroughly. If there is a lot of dirt or spilled substances you may want to hose it down a few days before. If there are big cracks that you want to fill there is a caulk that is especially made for filling concrete. It is called Mortar or Concrete caulk. This will have a gritty feel to it. Do this step before painting.
- 2). Ready to paint. Start with using the paintbrush and just trimming out the edges where the roller cannot get. Then just pour some paint on the concrete and start rolling. Keep in mind this paint does dry quickly. make sure that the first coat is fairly thick. This type of paint is an oil based so it does roll on smooth but is hard to get off hands and clothes.
- 3). Repeat a second coat and let dry. When choosing a color, a darker shade will hide dirt much easier. Repeat this every year or two to keep a vibrant color.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Splint a Dog's Broken Leg
- How to Cut Schnauzer Hair
- Training a Puppy is a Positive Experience
- When Should Dogs Start Agility Training?
- Tips to Make Your Next Vet Visit Easier
- Overcoming Male Dog Breeding Problems
- How to Teach Your Chihuahua Pup to Eliminate on Command
- Common Havanese Health Problems - Keeping Your New Havanese Puppy Healthy And Happy
- Interactive Outdoor Toy Ideas for Dogs
- The Alpha Dog
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us