- 1). Remove all objects from the surface of the concrete floor.
- 2). Sweep or vacuum up all dirt and debris from the floor.
- 3). Pour the degreaser onto the concrete floor and allow it to settle for 15 minutes.
- 4). Scrub the floor vigorously with a stiff, plastic-bristled brush to remove any oil stains and marks from the surface.
- 5). Rinse the floor with a garden hose and allow the surface to dry completely before continuing the project.
- 6). Pour the latex primer into a paint tray and apply a single, even coat of the primer onto the concrete surface with a paint roller. Allow the primer to dry overnight.
- 7). Identify the low spots in the surface. It is important that you locate the unlevel spots first before applying the compound so that you can work quickly on those spots.
- 8). Mix the self-leveling compound and cold tap water quickly in the plastic bucket with a trowel. Read the side of the compound package for the proper ratio of water and the desired consistency.
- 9). Pour the compound into the low spots on the concrete floor and gently smooth over with a trowel. Work quickly, because the compound will fully cure within 30 minutes of application. You can apply your flooring material to the concrete 24 hours after application of the compound.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecies - How Do They Fit Into Our Lives?
- Manifesting Your Power to Create Your Own Wealth
- What You See Is What You Get!
- The Salve of Tolerance
- 5 Secrets On The Importance Of A Coach
- Are You Failing in the Present?
- How to Make BIG Changes in your Life When you are Stuck!
- Guidelines For Living
- How to Get Your Way and Come Out Unscathed
- Don"t Wait - Celebrate!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us