Prime and Paint the Walls
- 1). Clear the bathroom of all clutter. This includes the countertop and the floor.
- 2). Lay down newspapers or a drop cloth to catch any wayward paint drips or spills.
- 3). Pour primer into the paint tray.
- 4). Edge the bathroom with prime using a paintbrushr; cut in along the ceiling, baseboards and any trim or existing mirrors and cabinets.
- 5). Use a roller to prime the rest of the walls.
- 6). Rinse both the paintbrush and the roller well until the water runs clear, squeezing or shaking out excess water.
- 7). Combine any remaining primer back into the original can and rinse the paint tray.
- 8). Dry the tray well and pour the chosen paint into the tray.
- 9). Apply two coats of paint, trimming first with the brush and following behind with the roller; paint one wall completely before beginning on the next wall.
Remove the newspapers or drop cloth and allow the paint to thoroughly dry.
Rinse both the paint brush and the roller well until the water runs clear, squeezing or shaking out excess water.
Attach Hardware and Shelf
- 1). Replace existing hardware with updated hardware. Follow the directions supplied with the particular hardware; most are easily installed with a screwdriver.
- 2). Fold and hang bath and hand towels on the newly installed towel bars.
- 3). Install toilet paper roll on new toilet paper holder.
- 4). Attach the shelf to the wall. Depending on the layout of the bathroom, a good location might be above the toilet or on the innermost wall. Follow the directions supplied with the shelf to secure it in place.
- 5). Position clock, framed photo or art, and reed diffuser or bowl with potpourri on the shelf.
Hang Shower Curtain
- 1). Remove old shower curtain, liner and rings.
- 2). Add new curtain rings to the shower rod.
- 3). Hang new curtain liner and curtain.
Apply Finishing Touches
- 1). Replace the old waste bin with a new trash can.
- 2). Lay the coordinating bath mat or rug on the floor.
- 3). Place fragrant hand soap --- either a hand-cut bar or eclectic liquid soap --- at the sink.