- 1). Construct your quilting blocks. Use solid color centers if you plan to add a photo or other embellishments.
- 2). Lay your blocks out on a flat surface. Keep in mind that you will lose some length and width for seam allowances. Continue to make blocks until you are satisfied with the size.
- 3). Choose one memory per block. This memory could include a child’s hand or footprint added using fabric paint, a photo that can be ironed on to the quilt block with transfer paper or other embellishments that depict a special memory for you or a loved one.
- 4). Sew the finished blocks together to make rows. After the rows are complete, stitch the rows together to form the front of the wall hanging.
- 5). Cut your backing fabric to match the size of the front of the quilt. Cut your batting to match this measurement as well. Pin the top, the batting and the backing fabric together.
- 6). Complete any machine or hand-quilting that you wish to do at this time.
- 7). Add quilt binding around all sides of the quilt to complete the edges.
- 8). Use a solid coordinating colored fabric to make tabs for hanging the finished wall hanging on the dowel rod or curtain rod. Make the tabs by cutting multiple rectangles out of the solid fabric. Fold the sides in and stitch. Fold the tabs in half and stitch to the backing of the quilt at the top. Ensure your tabs are all the same length to make the finished hanging even.
- 9). Run a dowel rod or curtain rod through the tabs and place on hooks or curtain rod hardware to hang the finished wall hanging.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Non-profit raising event are volunteers
- SEO Services - Door Of Success
- The Way Satellite Internet Delivers a Different System
- How to Create Themes for Outlook 2007
- How to Check an SSL Encryption
- What is a Channel Manager and Should You Get One?
- Get Effective Web Design Services in Milwaukee WI
- Do you know how to work with hidden Wi-Fi networks in Windows?
- Financial Studies Delhi. Unemployed Student Loan Offers A Big Financial Help For Higher Studies
- Is There Any Way to Find Out If Someone Is Checking Your Facebook?
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us