- 1). Log into your GoDaddy account. Under “My Products” on the left, click “Hosting.” Click “Launch” beside the hosting account where you wish to install WordPress.
- 2). Click the “Your Applications” button. Click “Blog” followed by “WordPress.” Click the “Install Now” button underneath “WordPress.”
- 3). Select the domain name that you would like to use for your pet website. Click “Continue.”
If you do not see your domain name, you will have to add your domain to your hosting account. To add a domain name, go back to your hosting control panel, click on “Your Domains,” click “Add Domain” in the top right, and specify the folder location where you want this domain to point. Once the domain name is processed, it will appear in the list of options when you begin your WordPress installation.
- 4). Enter a name for your database, such as “WordPress for My Pet Website.” Enter a password for the database. Click “Next.”
You can either install WordPress in its own folder, or use the root folder by erasing “WordPress” from the domain name. For example, “http://yourpetwebsite.com/wordpress” would create a new folder called “wordpress” to store the WordPress files, or you could erase the “wordpress” suffix to install the files into the root folder on your server. Either way is suitable, however, some people prefer to keep their WordPress files in a separate folder.
- 5). Enter an admin name and password, which will be used when you log into your website. Enter your preferred email address and the title of your pet website. Click “Finish.”
- 6). WordPress will install on your server. When it is complete, you will receive an e-mail. Once it is finished, visit your domain (i.e. www.yourpetwebsite.com) to log in. Click “Log in” in the bottom right, and enter your username and password that you used during the WordPress installation.
- 7). Once you are logged in, click on “Appearance,” “Themes” and “Install Themes.” In the search box, type “animal.” You will see a theme called “Furry Family.” Click the “Install” link underneath it.
- 8). Once the theme is installed, click “Activate.” Your website should now have animals at the top. Your pet website is now up and running.
- 9). You can add posts, pages, links and more within the WordPress dashboard. Posts act as news or blogs items, pages are often used for company information or contact information, and links are used for linking to other websites.