- 1). Open up an Internet browser window on your computer system. To gain access to the default settings, type in the default IP address of the wireless router in your Internet browser's address bar and press enter. You must refer to the wireless router's documentation or navigate to the manufacturer's website for the correct IP address.
- 2). Type the default user name and password in the security dialog box that appears, then press Enter on your keyboard. Because different router manufacturers use different default user names and passwords, refer back to your router's documentation or support webpage for the correct information.
- 3). Navigate through the router administration pages to find the wireless router's administrator password settings. Change the default user name and password to a unique set so that possible unauthorized access to your router settings will not take place. Make sure to hit "Save Settings" to complete the change.
- 4). Set up your wireless security settings by navigating to the proper administration settings page. By default, wireless routers do not come with a password for connectivity access. Choose the appropriate wireless security level you need and type in a unique user name and password. Save these new settings and log out of the router's administration setup.
- 5). Write down the user names and passwords for both network access and the administration setup page. Keep these user names and passwords in a safe place.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Get The Legal Help Needed After An Auto Accident From An Injury Lawyer
- Kind And Helpful Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
- The Consumer Protection Act 1987 - Guide to Claims For Faulty Products
- Making the Most of Personal Injury Compensation Claims
- Choosing Lawyers Dealing With a Car Accident or Personal Injury Cases
- Benefits for Social Security Through Disability Attorney Charlotte
- Personal Injury Lawyer Help for Medical Malpractice
- Injury case by case: Personal Injury in details
- Get Justice From Wrongful Death Attorney
- In Indianapolis Bankruptcy Attorney Advises On The Legal Proceedings Of A Bankruptcy Case
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us