- 1). Decorate the mahogany floors with the craft of decoupage. Commonly found on smaller wood items like boxes or furniture, decoupage can form a decorative border around the floor. Use paper cutouts in light colors to contrast against the dark mahogany. Sand the area lightly where you'll glue the paper. Clean away the debris. Use decoupage glue to attach the paper to the floor. Apply several coats of waterproof sealant over the paper for protection.
- 2). Stencil anything from intricate designs across the whole floor to a simple border around its edges. Clear the room and clean the floor thoroughly. Do a test run for the pattern on a long strip of paper before proceeding to the floor. Tape the stencils in place and fill in with different colors of floor paint.
- 3). Place an accent or area rug on the mahogany floor to add softness to the room. Use a lighter color to draw attention to the mahogany floor around the rug or a darker color to blend with the space. Experiment with patterned rugs if it fits with your style.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Hire the Reliable Builders and Installers to Have Beautiful Home Improvements
- How to Choose the Right Curtains For Your Home
- Room Decor of Different Time Periods
- How to Decorate Mahogany Floors
- Nursery Furniture Ideas
- How to Paint Your House & Make Every Room Look Great
- Choosing Window Blinds Sydney
- How to Create a Decorative Mirror with Tile
- Tips for Effective Installation of Exhaust Fans in the House
- Bedroom Decorating - 7 Simple Ways to Create a Rustic Cabin or Lodge Bedroom Your Child Will Love
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us