- 1). Decorate the mahogany floors with the craft of decoupage. Commonly found on smaller wood items like boxes or furniture, decoupage can form a decorative border around the floor. Use paper cutouts in light colors to contrast against the dark mahogany. Sand the area lightly where you'll glue the paper. Clean away the debris. Use decoupage glue to attach the paper to the floor. Apply several coats of waterproof sealant over the paper for protection.
- 2). Stencil anything from intricate designs across the whole floor to a simple border around its edges. Clear the room and clean the floor thoroughly. Do a test run for the pattern on a long strip of paper before proceeding to the floor. Tape the stencils in place and fill in with different colors of floor paint.
- 3). Place an accent or area rug on the mahogany floor to add softness to the room. Use a lighter color to draw attention to the mahogany floor around the rug or a darker color to blend with the space. Experiment with patterned rugs if it fits with your style.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Get The Legal Help Needed After An Auto Accident From An Injury Lawyer
- Kind And Helpful Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
- The Consumer Protection Act 1987 - Guide to Claims For Faulty Products
- Making the Most of Personal Injury Compensation Claims
- Choosing Lawyers Dealing With a Car Accident or Personal Injury Cases
- Benefits for Social Security Through Disability Attorney Charlotte
- Personal Injury Lawyer Help for Medical Malpractice
- Injury case by case: Personal Injury in details
- Get Justice From Wrongful Death Attorney
- In Indianapolis Bankruptcy Attorney Advises On The Legal Proceedings Of A Bankruptcy Case
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us