- 1). Decorate the mahogany floors with the craft of decoupage. Commonly found on smaller wood items like boxes or furniture, decoupage can form a decorative border around the floor. Use paper cutouts in light colors to contrast against the dark mahogany. Sand the area lightly where you'll glue the paper. Clean away the debris. Use decoupage glue to attach the paper to the floor. Apply several coats of waterproof sealant over the paper for protection.
- 2). Stencil anything from intricate designs across the whole floor to a simple border around its edges. Clear the room and clean the floor thoroughly. Do a test run for the pattern on a long strip of paper before proceeding to the floor. Tape the stencils in place and fill in with different colors of floor paint.
- 3). Place an accent or area rug on the mahogany floor to add softness to the room. Use a lighter color to draw attention to the mahogany floor around the rug or a darker color to blend with the space. Experiment with patterned rugs if it fits with your style.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Splint a Dog's Broken Leg
- How to Cut Schnauzer Hair
- Training a Puppy is a Positive Experience
- When Should Dogs Start Agility Training?
- Tips to Make Your Next Vet Visit Easier
- Overcoming Male Dog Breeding Problems
- How to Teach Your Chihuahua Pup to Eliminate on Command
- Common Havanese Health Problems - Keeping Your New Havanese Puppy Healthy And Happy
- Interactive Outdoor Toy Ideas for Dogs
- The Alpha Dog
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us