- 1). Decorate the mahogany floors with the craft of decoupage. Commonly found on smaller wood items like boxes or furniture, decoupage can form a decorative border around the floor. Use paper cutouts in light colors to contrast against the dark mahogany. Sand the area lightly where you'll glue the paper. Clean away the debris. Use decoupage glue to attach the paper to the floor. Apply several coats of waterproof sealant over the paper for protection.
- 2). Stencil anything from intricate designs across the whole floor to a simple border around its edges. Clear the room and clean the floor thoroughly. Do a test run for the pattern on a long strip of paper before proceeding to the floor. Tape the stencils in place and fill in with different colors of floor paint.
- 3). Place an accent or area rug on the mahogany floor to add softness to the room. Use a lighter color to draw attention to the mahogany floor around the rug or a darker color to blend with the space. Experiment with patterned rugs if it fits with your style.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us